Inside

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Apricot (Chuwan) Surprise

"Chuwan" (Apricot) is speciality of Hunza. The opulent juicy fruit in the region is spread densely in every orchard and garden. The colors of summer season is decorated by nature's purest dyes which also includes dispersed spots of  yellow/orange color with slight shade of red some times, in a green background; chuwan on the widely spread trees.

Last week I was strolling in a street in Rawalpindi with Asif, and we were heading towards our home. I crossed a little sign board of a beauty saloon which I had seen many times before. It is tied to a tree in front of a bungalow. I saw something familiar in the background. I had almost crossed the tree, when I stopped. Its a tree I am well familiar with. I almost shouted "Chuwanaay!" (An apricot tree!).

zahirwakhi
Surprise Chuwan

For me it was the first time I had seen chuwan tree outside Gilgit territory. First time in 7 years. The chuwan was still juruti "un ripen apricot". Green but almost grown to its maximum size. My mouth had already started getting sour. My body shivered with the thought of  tasting a juruti. But I had to rely on the feeling, (maz yo chorrde nai) I didn't brought the juruti down.

I thought the least I could do is share it. And here I present you with the captured image.


zahirwakhi
Apricot caught

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...