Inside

Monday, May 31, 2010

The Demise but hope survives...

The disastrous effect of January 4th 2010 of Attabad land sliding continued and it continues. Now almost 5 months since it took place and the chain nature kept submerging almost every thing in its way, villages, lands, roads, homes, schools and the Jamat Khanas (worship place of the Shia Imami Ismaili Muslims). Today I was mournful than I had been on any other day. After reaching my room my brother, Sabir Shah informed me about the shocking news of dismantling the Jamat Khana of muhalla Goze.

Everyday I talked to people there and even after hearing the destruction in my village I kept hopes high and encouraged my family, friends, relatives and everyone to pray... every one said things will get better soon. Everyday I made myself and my brother determined to go back and help in any capacity possible. I had to tell my brother to concentrate on his papers and I had to manage my papers too. Every news regarding dismantling of someone’s house sent shiver through my body and it seemed as if my own hose is being ruined again and again. Yet hopes were high and tears didn’t roll down. Not for our lands, not for the many houses of our villagers, which were our own.

But, today’s news was so piercing that we both could not withstand it. The place of spiritual asylum, the place of guidance, the place of knowledge, unity and peace, the place which makes an individual face the world and hereafter, the place where the Noor (light/guidance) of the Prophet (SAW), Imam(AS) and Allah Almighty is available was being dismantled.

On hearing the news sorrow struck us and tears of pain rolled down our cheeks… we both were silent for long time, and I could see in Sabir’s eyes that he is missing the pious place. His pain could tell the time he has spent there day and night with his friends to study, to serve, to learn spiritually and worldly. I could see the pain which reflected the skill he has acquired from there; the engineering skill of dealing with electrical appliances. And I could say nothing but try to show him the rays of hope.

And, I on the other hand remembered the days, those of my childhood, when the place once made my internal self clean as a pearl. It made me learn to respect and serve others. It made me what I am today, able to face the world.

O Allah the Merciful save us from the disaster… Give us strength to recover from any such crisis… Help us through such times as You have always helped us O Lord… O Allah guide us and keep us on the right path.  Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...