Inside

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Experience-Lesson a proximity



There are exceptional moments in one’s life which can never obliterate from a person’s mind. Specifically speaking, moments of joy from childhood, that of teenage games and sports and other extracurricular activities as a youth are few moments to cherish in every one’s life. And the interesting part, that enthusiasm dose not repeat itself later. While doomed by few momentarily unimportant realities I flip pages of my diary and encounter one piece of writing which was written keeping a specific topic in consideration that goes like…

Unforgettable moment of my life

In reference to the given topic, people may present an account of a special occasion or a day that appeals to them too much. But, rather than a particular occasion or a day, I have chosen an extended two months period i.e. April and May, of each year 2004 and 2005 of my life to be an unforgettable moment. During the year 2004-05, I was doing my secondary education from AKHSS Gilgit and at the same time I was a resident of Shah Karim Hostel, adjacent to the school. These were the months when we were given self-study break for our final examination and, it was the routine during the vacation which made the whole span an unforgettable moment of my life. Firstly, I used to get up when the Azan for Fajr was called. After offering my prayers in the prayer hall, I would go to the woods at the back of the hostel, with my Islamiat course book. For 1 hour I memorized verses from the Holy Quran. Secondly, I usually did my breakfast on my way back to my room from the woods at 6:45 am. Then, my next spot happened to be the bank of Gilgit River, which passes along my school and hostel campus. There I sat under the shad of a shawl (which I made to avoid direct sun light) and studied my course books. Time and again I used to place my foot in the flowing water to get rid of boredom or, I simply stood on the giant stones by the river from where the beauty of the city could be seen. I could see sitting there people playing and swimming at the other side of the river. Furthermore, having achieved my targets by 2:00pm I would take lunch. Afterwards, I rested for at least an hour and 30mins. By 5pm I preferred either to play cricket or go to the old gymnasium for exercise. After 6pm I used to offer my evening prayers and have dinner. During the night I studied till 12:00am and finally rested peacefully for having a contented day. This routine repeated it self and, it gave me a feeling that I never found anywhere. Thus, became my unforgettable moment of life.

The question is why not now? For a mature person things should be easier as compared to his/her childhood. Sometimes childhood offers great lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...